Try something new this Mental Health Month and with the guidance of a qualified music therapist, write your first song.
The Music Performance Unit of the University of New South Wales is a small team responsible for the production of high quality classical music concerts on campus. A core of UNSW's cultural life, the Music Performance Unit manages several primary activities, including:
- Australia Ensemble UNSW, Australia's leading chamber music ensemble that presents an annual subscription season and free concert and workshop series;
- Collegium Musicum Choir, an 80-100 voice choir comprising mostly undergraduates but also staff and members of the general community. It presents an annual program of three concerts;
- Burgundian Consort, a chamber choir of 12-18 voices of high quality young singers. It presents an annual evening recital as well as appearing at concerts of the Collegium Musicum and other special events;
- Large Instrumental Music Ensembles (LIME) comprising the UNSW Wind Symphony and UNSW Orchestra;
- Young Artists Concerts and special events.
The Music Performance Unit is in the portfolio of the Director of Wellbeing, Mr Neil Morris.
The physical and emotional benefits of choral singing have been widely documented in recent decades: from lowering stress levels to strengthening your immune system...
Please note that this performance has been cancelled in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, in accordance with advice of NSW Health.
We have partnered with SEXtember 2021, a festival all about celebrating, questioning and exploring every aspect of sex, and brought you four killer playlists to get...
We're disappointed to announce our final performance of 2021, on Saturday October 16 is unable to proceed.
We're disappointed to announce upcoming concert cancellations, with our August 21 and September 18 Subscription Concerts unable to proceed.