Australia Ensemble UNSW is delighted to invite leading Logie nominated Australian actor, writer and director Virginia Gay to perform the role of narrator in its final...
The Music Performance Unit of the University of New South Wales is a small team responsible for the production of high quality classical music concerts on campus. A core of UNSW's cultural life, the Music Performance Unit manages several primary activities, including:
- Australia Ensemble UNSW, Australia's leading chamber music ensemble that presents an annual subscription season and free concert and workshop series;
- Collegium Musicum Choir, an 80-100 voice choir comprising mostly undergraduates but also staff and members of the general community. It presents an annual program of three concerts;
- Corde, a chamber choir of advanced singers. It presents an annual evening recital as well as appearing at concerts of the Collegium Musicum and other special events;
- Large Instrumental Music Ensembles (LIME) comprising the UNSW Wind Symphony and UNSW Orchestra;
- Young Artists Concerts and special events.
The Music Performance Unit is in the portfolio of the Director of Wellbeing, Mr Neil Morris.
In early 2014, I was appointed the Artistic Chair of the Australia Ensemble, filling the enormous shoes of Professor Roger Covell.
2024 brings with it a new chapter!