Osvaldo GOLIJOV | Lullaby and Doina (2001)
The Music Performance Unit of the University of New South Wales is a small team responsible for the production of high quality classical music concerts on campus. A core of UNSW's cultural life, the Music Performance Unit manages several primary activities, including:
- Australia Ensemble UNSW, Australia's leading chamber music ensemble that presents an annual subscription season and free concert and workshop series;
- Collegium Musicum Choir, an 80-100 voice choir comprising mostly undergraduates but also staff and members of the general community. It presents an annual program of three concerts;
- Burgundian Consort, a chamber choir of 12-18 voices of high quality young singers. It presents an annual evening recital as well as appearing at concerts of the Collegium Musicum and other special events;
- Large Instrumental Music Ensembles (LIME) comprising the UNSW Wind Symphony and UNSW Orchestra;
- Young Artists Concerts and special events.
The Music Performance Unit is in the portfolio of the Director of Wellbeing, Mr Neil Morris.
Still for clarinet and piano, by Katy Abbott, our latest ...
The opening for the Australia Ensemble UNSW’s first public performance in 393 days is an arrangement by our very own David Griffiths.