Rachel Aquino often works with the Music Performance Unit as a 'Production Assistant' and 'Stage Manager'.
The Music Performance Unit of the University of New South Wales is a small team responsible for the production of high quality classical music concerts on campus. A core of UNSW's cultural life, the Music Performance Unit manages several primary activities, including:
- Australia Ensemble UNSW, Australia's leading chamber music ensemble that presents an annual subscription season and free concert and workshop series;
- Collegium Musicum Choir, an 80-100 voice choir comprising mostly undergraduates but also staff and members of the general community. It presents an annual program of three concerts;
- Burgundian Consort, a chamber choir of advanced singers. It presents an annual evening recital as well as appearing at concerts of the Collegium Musicum and other special events;
- Large Instrumental Music Ensembles (LIME) comprising the UNSW Wind Symphony and UNSW Orchestra;
- Young Artists Concerts and special events.
The Music Performance Unit is in the portfolio of the Director of Wellbeing, Mr Neil Morris.
We will officially launch the Australia Ensemble UNSW 2023 season in late October 2022. Please put these in your calendar and hold the dates!
Music Performance UNSW sat down with Australian composer, Harry Sdraulig who spoke about his upcoming premiere of his revised and extended work 'Speak', with...