Put the ME in Mental Health and win $1000!
Congratulations to the winners of the Mental Health Month Art Competition!
Students from across UNSW were invited to submit entries for a digital visual art exhibition as part of the Mental Health Month 2023 program run by the UNSW Health Promotions Unit during Week 6-8 of Term 3. The winning works will have opportunity to be reproduced as postcards and digital assets for mental health support.
An initiative from the UNSW Health Promotions Unit, the competition has been created to highlight diverse perspectives and experiences around mental health using student voices and ideas.
One winning work will be awarded $1000, and three highly commended works will each receive $250! All of the works will be eligible for the People’s Choice Award of $250, chosen by student vote (total prize pool $2000).
The judging panel was very pleased by the overall standard of entries, and recognised that the winning work showed considerable conceptual artistic merit, and was an understated message of self-care and compassionate support through creative expression. The artist of the winning work was awarded $1000, and artists of three highly commended works each received $250. The prizes were funded by UNSW Health Promotions Unit.
Winner: Matti 100,000 Marks of Anxiety
(left to right) Tanvi Jaiman Friendly Reminders; Helen Han Holding onto Hope; Jojo Vu Singularity
The People’s Choice Award winner was selected by popular vote through an online poll , to be awarded $250. Congratulations to the winner Alixia Shafira Caesarion for their work 'Get Well Soon':
Follow @unswhealth Instagram for more information.
Snapshot: UNSW Mental Health Month 2023 – Term 3, Weeks 6-8
- Monday 14 August 2023 - Online entries open 9am
- Friday 29 September 2023 - Online entries close 9am
- Monday 9 October 2023 - Winners announced on @unswhealth Instagram and on this page
- Monday 16 October 2023 - Mental Health Month 2023 begins including online exhibition and People’s Choice poll on@unswhealth Instagram and on this page
- Friday 27 October 2023 - People’s Choice poll closes at midday
- Monday 30 October 2023 - People’s Choice winner announced on @unswhealth Instagram and on this page
Who can I contact if I have more questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org